About Smith-Berclair Insurance
Smith-Berclair Insurance opened in 1966 when Cecil Smith felt compelled to venture out on his own and founded an insurance agency built on personal, dependable service and family values. Today, what started as a one man agency has grown to be one of the largest agencies in the Memphis area.
A lot has changed throughout the years, but the core values of personal dependable service and family values remain central to the agency’s success. While Cecil retired in 1998, his sons Brad and Stan Smith, and his son-in-law Herb Davis carry on the family business. With the acquisition of the Berclair agency, which in and of itself has been serving the Memphis area since 1923, Smith-Berclair Insurance is positioned to help businesses and families protect their most important assets for many years to come.
Please contact us today to find out how our more than one hundred years of experience can help you get the coverage you need and the service you deserve at a price you can afford.
Brad V. Smith, President – ext 2400
- Brad is a life time Memphis resident who is pro Memphis. He began his insurance career in 1978 with Cecil Smith Insurance, becoming President of the company in 1998. In 2007, Berclair Insurance Center was purchased and merged with Smith Insurance to become Smith-Berclair Insurance, where he also serves as president. Many know Brad as a football referee where he has officiated college games since 1984 and now serves as an Instant Replay Official. He is active in many areas of Memphis, serving on the Board of Directors of the Liberty Bowl, Past President of his trade associations the Insurors of Memphis and the Insurors of Tennessee and as a State National Director of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America. He is active in leadership as an Elder at Grace Evangelical Church. Brad and Cathy married in 1981 and have 2 sons.
- Stan Smith, Vice President – ext 2366
- Stan is one of the three Principals of Smith-Berclair Insurance and was born and raised in Memphis, TN. After graduating from the University of Memphis with a degree in Insurance, he began work in the insurance industry in 1981. Stan oversees the Personal Lines department. He attends Collierville First Baptist Church and is very involved in the Collierville High School athletic programs. Stan and his wife Candi have been married since 1981and they have four sons.
- Herb Davis, Vice President – ext 2372
- Herb is a native Memphian and a graduate of Baylor University. He has worked in the insurance industry since 1974 with experience at the company, brokerage and agency levels. In addition to being one of our producers, Herb manages our commercial marketing division. He is Past President of the Insurors of Memphis and Past President of the Greater Memphis Insurance Council and is active at Germantown Baptist Church. He is the proud father of four children and eleven grandchildren.
- Cathy Smith – Ext. 2373
- Terry Honeycutt – Ext. 2351
- Martha Slavik – 901-753-4323
- Larry Brown – Ext. 2360
- Kenny Smith – Ext. 2350
- Talbot Berry – Ext. 2362
- Jerome Morrison, Jr. – Ext. 2361
- Mark Riales – Ext. 2352
- Cindy Hill – Ext. 2357
- Anne McKinstry – Ext. 2374
- Candi Smith – Ext. 2384
- Meichelle Gregory – Ext. 2367
- Sarah Lewis – Ext. 2346
- Gloria Martin – Ext. 2359
- Beverly Miller – Ext. 2354
- Teresa Santucci – Ext. 2353
Health and Benefits
- Mark Riales – Ext. 2352